Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Blog!!!

Welcome to my brand new log, everybody. I hope everyone has an enjoyable stay! My name is Daniel (or Danny, if you like). I am a musician. I sing for my supper. I am currently student teaching right now, and this is the last course I need. I cannot wait to be a teacher! :D

I hope to use technology in many ways in my classroom. There are so many opportunities to use it for music. For elementary music, it would save me time to have the music on a projector as opposed to writing it on the board. That would also save my students from having to read my terrible handwriting. Also, I would use Youtube as a resource for free recordings. Students love hearing recordings of the songs they are going to perform. It gets them excited about the piece.

I hope I can learn about the use of technology in an educational context. I know how to use MS Office, but I don't know how to create a gradebook. I always look forward to learning new things, and I hope this class has many surprises in store!

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment